What will happen if I miss a kiosk check-in for the second time in Brooklyn?

New York, NY |

I am in probation for roughly 1 1/2 years for grand larceny offense (felony). I report to a kiosk every month and everyone is very nice there even that Ive missed an appointment. I am very worried because this will be the second time I missed an appointment because of a holiday. Now I can't check in until Tuesday because of the Memorial Day weekend! I will go in Tuesday but am very worried/ trying to reach a family lawyer but unable to get advice.

1. I doubt it will result in the filing of a violation of probation, but it will certainly be documented. I would check in without fail on Tuesday and don't miss anymore.

2. It could cause a violation but it likely won't if you go in tuesday. They could also assign you to see an probation officer. If you are otherwise doing well it should be okay.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. If you cannot check in because of a holiday then you are mandated to check in the first day thereafter. There will not be a VOP because of this.

The advice I have given does not bind the parties in any manner and is merely given as a courtesy.