Skip to main content

What will happen if I don't show up for a civil court hearing for unsecured debt in Pennsylvania?

Johnstown, PA |

Couldn't pay capitol one, now they are taking me to civil court in Pa. What happens if I don't show up? What are Pa state laws regarding unsecured debt?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. If you do not show up to court or file an answer to the civil complaint filed against you Capital One can get a default judgment against you. Once they have a default judgment against you, they can garnish your wages or bank account to satify their judgment. You should consult with a PA civil attorney.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics