What will happen if i can't pay maintenance fees on timeshare

Orlando, FL |

can barely pay bills and am behind on maintenace fees can i do anything to stop accumualation

1. Most people who lose their timeshares do so not because they can't make the payments on the purchase price, but because they can't pay the maintenance fees. Like any other HOA, the association may foreclose on you if you don't or can't pay the fees.

You may wish to try to sell the property before this happens, but there is nothing you can do to stop the fees from piling up except to find the money to pay them.

Hope this perspective helps!

2. You have to find the money to pay the fees, find a buyer for the timeshare, or accept the fact that you will eventually lose the timeshare to foreclosure.

Disclaimer of California Attorney
    Although the above response is believed to be accurate, it should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice because the information provided is incomplete. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. No attorney client relation is formed with me without a written contract.

Joshua P. Friedman
    jfriedman@jpfassociates.com
    www.losangelescollector.com

Disclaimer of California Attorney Although the above response is believed to be accurate, it should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice because the information provided is incomplete. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. No attorney client relation is formed with me without a written contract. Joshua P. Friedman jfriedman@jpfassociates.com www.losangelescollector.com

3. Timeshares are worthless. The company may try and sue you or they may report you to a credit reporting agency. Contact them in writing and tell them you are surrendering the time share back to them.

Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the States of New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts only and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to those three States. This advice is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation. Facts and laws change and these possible changes will affect the advice provided here. Consult an attorney in your locale before you act on any of this advice. You should not rely on this advice alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney client relationship.