Skip to main content

What will happen for a first offense hit and run, no bodily harm in Wisconsin,

Hayward, WI |

I was leaving a bar and I backed have into a car and just drove off, I was uninsured at the time. Turns out the bar had cameras. I have a dent in rear bumper corner and I think the same is true for the other vehicle. The police called me to come in tomorrow. Whats going to happen? Will I go to jail, lose license? My background consists of one disorderly conduct.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Best bet is to retain a local criminal lawyer to try to get you out of this.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


If the charge is hit and run-unattended vehicle, it is not a criminal charge, so absent other criminal conduct, jail should not be an issue. Lying to the police would be a crime, so if you choose to voluntarily go in to the police station, your only choices are the complete truth, or invoking your right to silence and making no statement at all. In my opinion, you would be better off declining the voluntary meeting. You just posted a detailed confession on this public forum, and live in a small enough community that it would be easy enough for law enforcement to figure out who you are. Given that there was a bar and a conscious drive off involved, it is also not too hard to see how a voluntary statement could take a turn for the worse.

Your best bet would be to decline to meet with the police, stop posting details in public forums, and immediately hire a local attorney to deal with law enforcement on your behalf.

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.

Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Manuel Alzamora Juarez


Great answer by Attorney Michael C. Witt!!!


I agree with both previous counsels. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer