What will cps do if I fail a drug test the first time, yet I admitted to them that I may have marijuana in my system.

Asked over 1 year ago - Lancaster, KY

My girlfriend and I have two children, one is mine the other is another guys, he called cps on us when there appeared to be a burn mark on her arm. Yet I have pictures that proof they didn't come from our home. We took her to the doctor the second we got home and they said it was a bug bite. We thought it looked like a burn mark but after talking to 3 other doctors they all said it was a bug bite. Yet he calls cps on us and as soon as they come in they want to drug test us. I'm just curious on what is gonna happen. Will I lose my children if I fail for a small amount of marijuana?

1. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . I edited the Practice Section to FAMILY law, so attorneys may respond to your post. Contact a family lawyer for advice and direction.

2. Leonard C. Morales

1

Answered . You do have a problem. What got CPS in the door may be explained but what they saw once they got in will keep them around. Bottom line is any illegal substance use in the home will be grounds for CPS to be in your business. You need to understand that there is no such thing as a "small amount of marijuana" for CPS. Either you are a user or you are not. You have a choice to make. Its your kid or your habit. You might not lose your kids after a first failed drug screen but all that does is give CPS grounds to stick around.