What will be the consequences for a first time offense of underage drinking in Pennsylvania?

Asked about 4 years ago - Williamsport, PA

I am 17 years old and have never had any sort of offense before. My friends and I were drinking one night and were caught by the police. Two of my friends are 19 and the other one was 21. My one friend who was 19 supplied the alcohol.

My breathing test result was a .061.. which is over the limit for a minor
Also, I was not driving the vehicle. I did not have my license with me for the simple fact that I knew I was not going to be driving.

Ive heard many stories from many numerous people. Some have said that they will not suspend my license for the 90 day punishment, but Ive read on websites and heard from a few other sources that they will.

My license suspension is my main concern right now. I really just want to know if there is more of a chance if they will take it away or not.

1. Forest Dean Morgan

Answered . The collateral consequence for your offense is a 90 day license suspension for the first offense. For the second, the collateral conseuquence is a 1 year suspension. You should retain an attorney in an effort to change the charge to another offense, such as Disorderly Conduct or Drunk in Public which do not carry a similar license suspension.