What will be my L1 status after I resigning from the company ? If L1 is on extension does it get cancelled automatically ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Palo Alto, CA

My situation is I am applying on H1 for 2014 Quota and parallally i am applying for L1 extention also, and my old L1 is expiring on November and I am afraid that my L1 gets approved after October (that is after My H1 get approved). Does My L1 extension gets cancelled after I resigning from my Old Employer ?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

1

Answered . You will be out of status on the day that you resign.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

2

Answered . Your second quesiton is irrelevant. You are out of status day after your last employment day with your l1 employer.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . It depends on the benefit sought towards for status. If the employer applies for change of status, and it is approved, your status will automatically change .