What will be my L1 status after I resigning from the company ? If L1 is on extension does it get cancelled automatically ?

Palo Alto, CA |

My situation is I am applying on H1 for 2014 Quota and parallally i am applying for L1 extention also, and my old L1 is expiring on November and I am afraid that my L1 gets approved after October (that is after My H1 get approved). Does My L1 extension gets cancelled after I resigning from my Old Employer ?

It depends on the benefit sought towards for status. If the employer applies for change of status, and it is approved, your status will automatically change .

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Your second quesiton is irrelevant. You are out of status day after your last employment day with your l1 employer.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

You will be out of status on the day that you resign.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.