What web site can I go to print out a month to month lease agreement ,Polk County Florida.

Vero Beach, FL |

I plan to Rent/lease my home June 1.

There are probably hundreds of sites out there which offer a generic lease or a generic Florida lease. However, I have seen leases from some of these sites and wouldn't promote any of them.

The best bet is to hire a local landlord tenant attorney to draw up a lease for you.
The online generic leases are lacking in a few key protections for landlords.
Some of them don't seem to pertain to Florida, yet are marketed as a Florida lease.

You might also check with a local real estate agent.

The lease I like the best is the standard Florida Board of Realtor lease, you can try to look it up on line or contact a real estate agent. Be advised though that a month to month rental can be simply an oral agreement, no written contract necessary. Although it is usually best to document your agreement with your tenant.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Landlord/Tenant, Appellate and Criminal Defense. Robert Devin, Esq. (954) 647-5927, 200 SE 6th St., Suite 603, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301 robert@devinlawfirm.net

Carol Lynne Zimmerly

Carol Lynne Zimmerly

The Florida Board of Realtor lease is nice, but it leaves out at least three key elements that I like to see my landlord clients have and be protected by.