What visa for non credit courses at university? B-1?

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

Hello,

I'm interested in doing some non-credit courses at NYU, but I'm not a US citizen and I'm not currently in the US. which kind of visa would I need to be able to attend those courses? the university said they don't have any particular visa requirement for those courses, so it's up to me to find one. Would the B-1 be the right one?

1. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

1

Answered . B-1 is a possibility if these are short non-credit courses. But before going this route, let an immigration lawyer know what type of courses these are and your intention to exit upon completion of the short courses. J-1 might be a possibility as well but make sure that you are not subject to the 2-year foreign residence rule.

2. Tsirina Goroshit

Pro

1

Answered . B1, is not proper, need evaluation B2, J visa could be an option too.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . B-1 is for business. Perhaps a B-2.