What US Code section would pertain to a dispute where a bank provided a consumer with inaccurate information which caused...

Asked almost 2 years ago - Minneapolis, MN

the consumer's credit score to decline? There was no Truth in Lending Act violation, just incorrect information provided by the bank regarding credit inquiries.

1. Adam William Klotz

Pro

2

Answered . My colleague is correct. From the sounds of it, there may be a violation of the FCRA. As stated, see naca.net for a consumer protection attorney in your area that may be able to help. Many such attorneys, like myself, offer free consultations.

Adam W. Klotz
    FREE CONSULTATIONS- 612.223.6767 ext. 3

2. Amy Lavonne Wells

2

1

Answered . I am not sure I follow your question, but I'll give it a shot. If your credit score was decreased by something the bank did, I am presuming you mean they accessed your credit report (creating an inquiry on your credit report) without a proper reason to do so. If this is what you mean, it may be an impermissible purposed in violated of a federal law called the Fair Credit Reporting Act (the FCRA). Here is a link to information regarding what constitutes a permissible purpose http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/1681b

If you believe the bank may have pulled your credit report without a permissible purpose, you should consult an experienced advocate in your area. Go to www.naca.net, which has an attorney locator feature to put you in touch with a seasoned attorney.

All the best to you.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . Yes these actions may have violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act

Contact one of my fellow attorneys that wisely commented on your dispute.