What UD form do I file if I want to evict a tenant on the grounds . . .

of being a nuisance, interfering with other tenants, fixing automobiles on the property?

Venice, CA -

Attorney Answers (2)

Paul Francis Easlick

Paul Francis Easlick

Landlord / Tenant Lawyer - Newport Beach, CA

The answer to this is simple: UD-100 Complaint-Unlawful Detainer. The more complex question, though, is what notice do you serve on your tenant if you want to file a complaint? This would a "3-day notice to perform covenant or quit". Be careful in filling this notice out. though. Describe the activities that that interfere with the quiet enjoyment of your other tenants and refer to the section of the lease proscribing those activities if there is such a provision. I usually request that my clients send a copy of this type of notice to me for review before serving it on the tenant.

Frances Miller Campbell

Frances Miller Campbell

Landlord / Tenant Lawyer - Sherman Oaks, CA

You are in Los Angeles. There are lots of requirements for the notice stated in the Rent Stabilization Ordinance, and the whole process is extremely technical. You should hire an attorney to do this for you.

Important things to remember: 1. The fact that I answered a question that you asked me on line, doesn't make me... more

Related Topics

Residential property

Residential property is real estate that has been developed or zoned to be used for living, such as single family houses, apartments or mobile home parks.

Neighbor nuisance disputes

If a nuisance neighbor negatively affects your use or enjoyment of your property, and talking with them doesn't work, you can ask the courts to make them stop.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.