What type of work visa am I qualified for? Can I obtain one?

If i am offered a position from a company in the US that I Have not worked for before, can they obtain a work visa for me? How does this work? (I am canadian and the profession does not fall under the TN visa categories) Also it is an entry level position. I only hold a bachelors degree

Houston, TX -

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

Go for the old H1b, available starting April 1, 2014, for a start date of October 1, 2014.

Jeff L. Khurgel

Jeff L. Khurgel

Immigration Attorney - Irvine, CA

The company/you can consider the H-1B, but it wouldn't be filed until April 1st of next year.

Brendan Colm Delaney

Brendan Colm Delaney

Immigration Attorney - Bethesda, MD

While I agree with my colleagues that the H-1B is likely the most viable route, you should discuss this with an attorney to review all the facts in case there is some other visa option that may be available.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

While you are considering your legal opinions make sure you do not lapse out of the legal status at ant time while present in the U.S. for such future COS.

Related Advice