What type of visa would be best to apply for?

Asked over 4 years ago - Southaven, MS

i am a US citizen, i recently got married to an illegal. He entered the US with a visa, which has now expired? What should be the next step to make him legal?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Stephen Walker Burrow

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It is nearly impossible to answer that question, based upon the limited facts you have given. What type of visa did he have? How long has it been expired? Your problem can only be addressed by a personal meeting with an experienced immigration attorney.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now