What type of visa do I need to operate an online business in the US?

Asked over 3 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

Hi there!

My name is Duncan and I am a Greek citizen who's doing his OPT in Los Angeles (under F1). I have a small online business that sells tables. 95% of my customers are Americans within the US. So, I would like to continue running my business here in the US even after my OPT is over.

However, I know that my country is not eligible for E-2. Moreover, EB-5 is out of my financial range and H1-B is obviously not applicable here, since I am the owner of the company. So, do you have any ideas on what VISA I should apply for? Maybe E-1?

Thank you so much for your time!
Duncan

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

9

1

Answered . For additional information, please see:

2. Mark Richard Kowalewski

1

1

Answered . This is to acknowledge and thank you for your question posted at Avvo.com

Nonimmigrants, unlike immigrants, enter the U.S. for a temporary period of time and are RESTRICTED to the activity consistent with their visas.

Your matter needs to be discussed privately outside of this public forum.

Please be advised that my response to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Such a relationship is determined primarily by principles of agency and contract law. The relationship begins when the client acknowledges the lawyer's capacity to act on his or her behalf and the lawyer agrees to act for the benefit and under the control of the client.