Skip to main content

What type of visa do I need to be a share holder

Miami, FL |
Filed under: Employment

I have been asked to be a shareholder/ partner of a bar/restaurant
I m french and would like to need what type of visa do I need

Attorney Answers 3


I you are a French national you can come to the United States with a valid French passport under the Visa Waiver Program for up to 90 days.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I agree with my colleague. Good luck. If you wish to work here, I would recommend you consult with an immigration attorney. Il faut necessaire de discuter votre situation avec un advocat d'immigration pour un autre visa pour travailler. Bonne chance.

Mr. Lorenzon's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific advise on your case, you need to consult one on one with an immigration attorney. Mr. Lorenzon can be reached at 216 573 7322 or at All initial constulations are free.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleagues, you can come on a visa waiver to visit the US (tourist).

But if you wish to stay and work in the US, you should sit down with an immigration attorney to discuss your options.

You should do a consultation before you do anything else.

Good luck.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics