What type of sentence can I expect someone to get on a felony forgery by common scheme case in MT?

Bozeman, MT |

Last summer my bank discovered a "friend" of mine had stolen an ID from me and taken out over $35000 dollars in many small chunks. He was interviewed, admitted everything to the detective, on tape, and the case was turned over to the DA. He then immediately moved to Minnesota. He was just arrested (finally!) in MN and is facing extradition to MT. He has no prior felonies, and I believe just a few misdemeanors, including DUI. I know the maximum sentence is 20 years and 50k in fines, but what can I reasonably expect him to receive as punishment? Also, the bank returned around 11k in money that they had insured, so his restitution will be set around 25000. Thank you in advance for your help!

Many factors. Judge, prosecutor, amount of restitution, etc.

Sol Neuhardt. One of the best personal injury lawyers in Montana. Recovered millions of dollars for his clients. This answer does not constitute an attorney client relationship.

way too many factors to discuss online.

licensed attorney in Montana. Your specific state laws may be different.