What type of records can I provide to the IRS to prove that my daughter has been with me most of the year?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Van Nuys, CA

I am having issues with my EX who keeps claiming my daughter in tax returns. We agreed that we would alternate years but he just keeps claiming her year after year and he doesn't even spend most of the time with our daughter!

At any rate I need to provide documents to the IRS which prove that my daughter has been with me most of the year . What type of records can I show to prove that my daughter has been with me most of the year? She is 4 years old and is not attending school yet.

Most of the documents "I've heard" I can provide are easily falsifiable such as a calendar or ledger. If I come up with the calendar I've kept up until this point my EX will immediately come up with some made up calendar which puts him as the parent who has spent the most time with my daughter.

Any ideas?

I take care of my daughter the following days:

1. Wednesday night (I used to pick up my child at 8pm) = 4 hours
2. Thursday (all day long) = 24 hours
3. Friday (all day) = 24 hours
4. Saturday (all day) = 24 hours
5. Sunday (he picked her up at 8pm) = 20 hours

Number nights with me = 4 out of 7 ..... 96 hours out of 168 in a week

Right now, i take care of my daughter 5 days a week because my EX said he didn't have "anyone" to take care of her during the days he was supposed to take care of her.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

5

9

Answered . Please check and make sure there is not already a court order regardign some of these issues, take care.

2. Rhonda Diane Ellifritz

3

Answered . Is there no court order regarding custody or support?

One or more answers have been taken down.