What type of questions should i expect on the 1-485 interview?

Asked about 2 years ago - Flushing, NY

i filed for a green card and the interview is set up for 09/24,any advice on what type of documents bring with me,(btw. in the application itself i sent everything included tax returns ,pictures etc. should i bring it again?)what type of questions should i expect or anything that would help me be ready?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . The list of documents to bring with to the interview is in the USCIS Interview Notice itself. Pay close attention to the "catch-all" phrase: ...."and any other document you think might establish your relationship.." (something like this). Make sure to bring two (2) sets for each document you sent before: one original set (birth & marriage certificates, etc., etc, (again, look at the list), as well as all the documents on the list which establish your life together as husband and wife.

The questions depend on the individual officer: the ones to retain are:
    1. Where did you meet?
    2. Who proposed (marriage) to whom?
    3. Did you meet your wife's/ husband's parents?
    4. Who was present at your wedding?
    5. Do you have pictures? (be ready to show, explain 'who is who" on the pics & leave at least 5 pictures with the officer for the file.
    Good luck!!

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . I agree with Mr. Behar.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . It depends on the basis for the I-485.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.