What type of questions should i expect on the 1-485 interview?

Flushing, NY |

i filed for a green card and the interview is set up for 09/24,any advice on what type of documents bring with me,(btw. in the application itself i sent everything included tax returns ,pictures etc. should i bring it again?)what type of questions should i expect or anything that would help me be ready?

The list of documents to bring with to the interview is in the USCIS Interview Notice itself. Pay close attention to the "catch-all" phrase: ...."and any other document you think might establish your relationship.." (something like this). Make sure to bring two (2) sets for each document you sent before: one original set (birth & marriage certificates, etc., etc, (again, look at the list), as well as all the documents on the list which establish your life together as husband and wife.

The questions depend on the individual officer: the ones to retain are:
1. Where did you meet?
2. Who proposed (marriage) to whom?
3. Did you meet your wife's/ husband's parents?
4. Who was present at your wedding?
5. Do you have pictures? (be ready to show, explain 'who is who" on the pics & leave at least 5 pictures with the officer for the file.
Good luck!!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with Mr. Behar.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

It depends on the basis for the I-485.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Marriage and prenups topics