What type of Practice covers Medicaid Fraud, on the part of the Health Care Provider and Patients, Health Care rights violations

Minneapolis, MN |

All specific violations do have short and long term effects, similiar to car acidents and other types.

Criminal defense. Medicaid fraud is a crime.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

This reply is appreciated. However, I am not the one who has comitted Medicaid Fraud. A example, as to what has happened several times in the past. as responces reply to and answers recieved.

Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

No idea what the latter part of your comment means, but if you know of the commission of a crime, you simply report it to law enforcement. They will take it from there.

There are attoneys that have experience with Medicare and Medicaid, including myself. Based on your question, however, it is hard to determine who committed the fraud.It seems that the provider and patient(s) committed the fraud based on your question. If this is the case the govenrment would be in charge of the prosecution, but a private party could start the proceedings and may be able to get awarded damages or money for there trouble.

My question was asked in th suggested manner, by Avvo. Mediciad fraud was comitted on the part of the provider and the county the AG's Divison is investigating, but that does not help in the areas of punative damages both for the short and long term, as the law provides for.

You are going to have to be more specific, you have not provided enough information. For example, as Attorney Poulson notes, if a provider has committed Medicare fraud, as in billing for services not provided, a defense attorney comfortable practicing in front of the federal system will be required. Conversely, if you are asking about a situation in which an individual wants to report health care fraud, you would want a plaintiff's firm with significant health care experience.

I am licensed in New Mexico and Pennsylvania, and therefore any discussion of issues related to other states must considered within that context. In addition, my comments are not intended to create a legal representation but merely to respond to the limited facts presented by the question. Any opinion herein is not meant as a precise statement of legal rights or as a recommendation of any particular course of action. A more complete legal review can be obtained through local counsel.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury