What type of penalties am I facing for misdomedor hit and run attended

Minneapolis, MN |
Filed under: Criminal charges

I was backing out of a prarking spot and bumped into a brick building, only minor paint damage to the building, which looked like it had ben struck many times

1. Probably just a fine and restitution, maybe probation. But keep in mind that you are charged with a criminal offense. The more important question is what impact this might have on your record. Consult with an attorney to learn more about your options.

Do not rely on this information. My office accepts clients from Avvo, but this initial impression is not protected by any privilege and is not attorney-client communication. You should consult a lawyer promptly about your legal matter.

2. I have changed this to a criminal defense question rather than car accident question. You should consult with a criminal attorney on this issue, especially if you have received a ticket.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action.

3. If handled correctly, you should be able to avoid a criminal conviction with a minimal fine assessed. Get legal advice to learn about your rights.

4. There may be defenses and you should consult with counsel. A misdemeanor is punishable by up to 90 days in jail and a $1000 fine.

Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter.

5. Sorts of penalties depend upon the charge and the full facts. Restitution is one sort of penatly which may be appropriate. You should seek attorney assistance in this matter. Tricia Dwyer Esq.

MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - ST CLOUD. This law firm may accept avvo posters as clients but this post is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This post is to be considered general information which may or may not apply to your personal situation. Please do seek private attorney counsel as to your personal legal issues and needs.