What type of lawyer would I need to sue some one

Asked over 1 year ago - Monterey, CA

I was fired from my job and the manager told me why i was fired but after i was fired she told employees and customers other reasons why i was fired. And I like to sue the manager personally because she talked to employees and customers about me that were suppose to be private so need help finding out what type of lawyer i need

1. Michael Charles Doland

6

Answered . You need to do a search for "employmenty lawyer" or "wrongful termination lawyer".
    Based on your facts above you have no legal claim, but perhaps additional facts would change the analysis.

2. Michael Robert Kirschbaum

5

Answered . Mr. Doland is correct. There is no legal basis to sue your former manager for talking to others about your termination unless this person defamed you by making false statements of fact which are understood to damage your reputation. If you think this is what happened, talk to an employment law attorney in your area.

3. Neil Pedersen

3

Answered . I must echo the good advice of my colleagues. You have no case based on the facts you have stated. Furthermore, suing the manager personally would likely be a case without sufficient recovery to find an attorney who would be willing to handle it.

If you feel strongly enough about it you can try suing in small claims court, but you will likely not prevail if your facts are not any better than stated here.

Good luck to you.