What type of lawyer would I need to file a lawsuit against a tax practitioner for committing fraud?

Asked 7 months ago - Washington, DC

i file my taxes recently and the tax practitioner changed personal information on my return without my consent.

1. Jeffrey L. Cohen

2

Answered . If you want to consult with an attorney to determine IF you might possibly have a cause of action here, meet with a litigation attorney. There does not appear to be tax fraud, but you will want to look at your return again to see if the changes resulted in too large a refund.

This is not intended to be legal advice, and is general in nature.
  2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

2

Answered . You need to consult with a local civil litigation attorney first and then ask the tax practitioner why the information was changed. It might be explainable. It might be civil. It might be criminal.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . You may not need an attorney at all. Just find out why and get the explanation