Skip to main content

What type of lawyer would I need to file a lawsuit against a car lot for giving out confidential information?

Tuscaloosa, AL |

I bought a car from a dealership and theyve been giving out car related information to my fiances ex. I have voice mail to prove that she knows information that no one and I mean no one other than the car lot would know. I need to know what tyoe of lawyer I need to contact to file a lawsuit against the car lot since I have to deal with them until the car is paid off. I live in Tuscaloosa Alabama.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. See a personal injury lawyer. This may be an invasion of privacy.

    The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

  2. Hire a Consumer Rights Attorney. Check out You'll need all of the paperwork you signed at the dealership for your lawyer, including the likely signed BMA (binding mandatory arbitration) clause. Best wishes.

    No attorney-client relationship exists or is created by the answering of questions on Avvo or by any email communications resulting from Avvo unless and until a written contract creating such a relationship is executed by both the attorney and the client.