What type of lawyer handles these types of cases?

Oshkosh, WI |

I have been scammed by an online coaching program whom I signed a contact with but they have not followed through with their services and continue to charge my credit card without my permission. I really need some help with this!

I'm so sorry to hear that.

You need a contract attorney, and I happen to specialize in that area. I would be happy to help you. Send me an email, and we can proceed from there.

Allison Anne Hoyt

Allison Anne Hoyt

You may also want to contact the Wisconsin Attorney General's office, a District Attorney's Office in Wisconsin (criminal), or a "Better Business Bureau" in Wisconsin to report the unprofessional and possibly illegal behavior you seem to be experiencing. But, before doing any of that, in order to have a better chance of having your case resolved favorably, gather all documents relevant to this service; determine how this company has not lived up to its promises; and CALL and/or WRITE the company and respectfully request how much money you believe you are owed back. Good luck!

Allison Anne Hoyt

Allison Anne Hoyt

You may also want to call up your credit card company and dispute certain charges from this company. You may also want to tell your credit card company to not honor any charges put through by that particular company in the future. An attorney would help you determine the best way to go about this.

Definately see a lawyer. Also call the credit card company and stop any further payments to them. Lastl, you might want to call the Consumer Protection Agency in your state and report them. Might also try the Better Business Bureau.

The previous information is solely for informational purposes only. If you have further questions, please contact an attorney in your area for more specific answers. Responding to your question in no way creates an attorney/client relationship, and none of the specific guarantees of privacy exist. If you have found this information helpful, kindly check the "helpful" box.

Michael F. Brown

Michael F. Brown

I agree you should run through options with a lawyer. In addition to the potential options that others mentioned, there could be consumer law or fraud- related claims, depending on the circumstances. My firm has an office in the Fox Valley, please feel free to contact me at 920-831-0300 or mbrown@pbclaw.com.

Scott Michael Swafford

Scott Michael Swafford

I agree with my colleagues, and would second the opinion that consumer protection may offer an additional avenue. While not familiar with WI law, most state consumer protection laws offer additional protections for consumers (hence the name) against companies that engage in unfair or deceptive acts or practices, which may be the case here. I don't know any WI attorneys personally, but generally endorse any that provide you a range of advice, including complaints before BBB's and with state attorneys general (or other consumer protection agencies). Good luck!