What type of lawyer do I need to suit a car insurance company for bad faith insurance?

Asked over 1 year ago - Mesa, AZ

same insurance company.other driver was drunk and arrested and owner of vehicle was not driving and had full coverage.

1. Adam C Kent

4

Answered . You should start with a good personal injury attorney for the underlying liability claim. Most of us can spot and address any bad faith issues that arise during the representation.

Call my office for a free consultation to see how we can help.

www.Kent-Law.org --When Results Matter Most-- 480-359-KENT(5368)
  2. C. Andrew Campbell

3

Answered . If you have been injured and are seeking compensation for damages you need a personal injury attorney. Many personal injury attorneys are well-versed in bad faith claims and bad faith litigation arising out of the handling, or mishandling of personal injury claims.

I agree that if you add some additional clarification regarding what damages you are looking to recover and what type of activity the insurance company is involved in you may be able to get some better clarification regarding the specifics. If you have questions, I am available to discuss this matter with you, give me a call at the office and if I cannot help, I will be happy to recommend someone who probably can. Good luck.

3. S. David Rosenthal Esquire

Pro

4

Answered . There are lawyers that specialize in bad faith insurance claims. However, you should clarify exactly what type of damages you are seeking. If the other driver's insurance company is just not cooperating with you, that may not arise to a bad faith claim but a lawsuit against the responsible party for the damages. You should post additional details about what has transpired and why you need an attorney to get more specific advice.

4. Merry Melinda Fountain

Pro

3

Answered . From the facts presented, if you were injured, you have a good case against the driver of the vehicle. Bad faith claims usually are brought against your own insurer. If you were injured obtain medical treatment right away and seek a consultation with an Arizona personal injury attorney. Most offer free consultations.

Pro

3

Answered . Start with a local personal injury lawyer to review.

6. Bruce M Squire

Answered . There really are not enough facts to determine if there is truly a bad faith claim, or just a normal claim for damages resulting from an accident. I agree with the other lawyers that the best place to start is with an accident lawyer.