What type of Lawyer do I need to Sue the Department of Corrections and The Manufacturer of a Drug?

Asked about 2 years ago - Citrus Heights, CA

My husband was given HCTZ for Blood Pressure 6 months ago and 4 months after he started taking it he got this spot on his lip. The next month he had more and two months later he was diagnosed with lip cancer and now it has spread throughout his lips, cheek and tongue, and the Dept. of Corrections has not followed Dr.'s orders to get this out ASAP and that was 2 months ago. Now he is going to be disfigured for life. This was totally unnecessary on Prison's part.

1. A Melissa Johnson

1

Answered . If your issue is regarding the medical treatment provided to your husband, you should talk with a medical malpractice attorney. California has a 6 month period in which you must file a claim before suing a government agency. As such, you should act quickly. There are many fine attorneys on AVVO. If your issue is what you believe to be a side effect of the medication, you should consult with a products liability an attorney who is experienced in dealing with pharmaceuticals. Again, there are many fine attorneys on AVVO.

2. David J. McCormick

2

Answered . You need to contact a personal injury attorney ASAP because all state departments have very strict time limits regarding notice of injuries, usually 6 months. Also, I am not aware of cancer being reported as a side effect of taking HCTZ. You may wan tto discuss this with the attorney as well.

Pro

Answered . There is a short statute of limitations, thus, retain a personal injury lawyer in your state immediately.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com