What type of lawyer do I need

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I went to this warehouse and bought a new bed they didn't have all the pieces to my set I asked for my money back and they said No what can I do

Pro

5

Answered . A local consumer law attorney

2. Joseph Andrew Brabender IV

Pro

3

Answered . Consumer protection, that said, you might be able to dispute by calling management or through your credit card.

3. Malosack Berjis

2

Answered . You would need to contact a consumer rights attorney. However, you can sue them, yourself, in small claims court (assuming that the value of the bed is within Illinois' small claims jurisdiction).

4. Philip Anthony Fabiano

2

Answered . Any lawyer who handles general business law cases can handle this claim. Depending of the value of the bed this may also be a case you should consider handling yourself and save the legal fees.
    This does not appear very complicated, you bought a bed, you paid for it, it did not have all the pieces.
    YOur state may also have a consumer protection act that may increase your damages. The consumer protection act in Pennsylvania for instance provides for three times the damages.