What type of lawyer do I need?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Hamilton, NY

After an incident, where I was attacked and injured by an inmate who attempted to escape. The incident was captured on facilty cameras and instead of being used for legal prosicution it was altered, and used as a joke video against my wishes. Is it legal to do that? Wasn't it my employers duty to protect me from such a video, instead of making copies and handing them out like a demo for a movie?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Theodore W. Robinson

    Contributor Level 20


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You are absolutely correct. You need an employment attorney who will act on your behalf and seek compensation for being the butt of a cruel joke and misuse of surviellance videos against your wishes will likely be viewed against the employer. Make sure to get a copy of that video before it gets destroyed once they discover your intentions. Say nothing to anyone until you hire a lawyer who will pursue the case for you.

    Good luck.

    You may call our office at 516-248-6600 or send an email to us at Ted@Thelawteam.com. This answer does not form... more
  2. Anthony Christopher Saline

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . Depending on your injuries, consult with an attorney who does New York State disability retirement issues. Did you file a workers' compensation claim?

  3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . That is just plain wrong. You should consult with an employment lawyer. Good luck.

  4. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Consult with an employment lawyer ASAP if you want to see what your rights are. I see this was done 4 years ago so you could have statute of limitations problems.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,536 answers this week

2,831 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,536 answers this week

2,831 attorneys answering