What type of lawyer do I need?

Hamilton, NY |

After an incident, where I was attacked and injured by an inmate who attempted to escape. The incident was captured on facilty cameras and instead of being used for legal prosicution it was altered, and used as a joke video against my wishes. Is it legal to do that? Wasn't it my employers duty to protect me from such a video, instead of making copies and handing them out like a demo for a movie?
http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Benny-Hill-behind-bars-1482617.php

You are absolutely correct. You need an employment attorney who will act on your behalf and seek compensation for being the butt of a cruel joke and misuse of surviellance videos against your wishes will likely be viewed against the employer. Make sure to get a copy of that video before it gets destroyed once they discover your intentions. Say nothing to anyone until you hire a lawyer who will pursue the case for you.

You may call our office at 516-248-6600 or send an email to us at Ted@Thelawteam.com. This answer does not form an attorney/client relationship with anyone and any answers do not constitute direct legal advice and should not be followed unless and until you have spoken with an attorney of your choice.

That is just plain wrong. You should consult with an employment lawyer. Good luck.

Consult with an employment lawyer ASAP if you want to see what your rights are. I see this was done 4 years ago so you could have statute of limitations problems.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Depending on your injuries, consult with an attorney who does New York State disability retirement issues. Did you file a workers' compensation claim?

Yes I filed a claim with workers comp and was denied 207-c