What type of lawyer do I hire to file a lawsuit against a law enforcement agency?

Hollister, CA |

I do not want to add more information as these questions end up on Google search engine.

1. Most likely a civil rights attorney. Search for a few in your area, and meet with them to discuss the particulars of your case. Most offer free consultations. I would offer you one but you are far away from me. Most civil rights attorneys also handle these cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means you don't pay their fees, they only get paid if they win. But this forces them to only take really strong cases that have a good chance of winning. Go find out if yours is one of those. If several attorneys tell you that you have no case (or that you have a good one) that is a good indication they are right. Good luck.

Michel & Associates, PC

All my comments here are intended for general legal purposes. None of my comments here establish an attorney-client relationship with anyone. None of my comments should be relied on in taking legal action without first consulting an attorney.

2. Without more information it is hard to say.

If your civil rights were violated, such as a police officer using excessive force, then you would want a civil rights attorney.

Depending on the agency on what the nature of their conduct was, the answer may differ.