What type of lawyer do I hire to file a lawsuit against a law enforcement agency?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Hollister, CA

I do not want to add more information as these questions end up on Google search engine.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Sean Anthony Brady

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Most likely a civil rights attorney. Search for a few in your area, and meet with them to discuss the particulars of your case. Most offer free consultations. I would offer you one but you are far away from me. Most civil rights attorneys also handle these cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means you don't pay their fees, they only get paid if they win. But this forces them to only take really strong cases that have a good chance of winning. Go find out if yours is one of those. If several attorneys tell you that you have no case (or that you have a good one) that is a good indication they are right. Good luck.

    Michel & Associates, PC

    All my comments here are intended for general legal purposes. None of my comments here establish an attorney-... more
  2. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Without more information it is hard to say.

    If your civil rights were violated, such as a police officer using excessive force, then you would want a civil rights attorney.

    Depending on the agency on what the nature of their conduct was, the answer may differ.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,956 answers this week

2,364 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,956 answers this week

2,364 attorneys answering