What type of lawyer can I get to get my record expunged for drug possession?

Sayreville, NJ |

I have a drug possession charge and would like to get my record expunged but I am not sure what type of lawyer I need.

You would be looking for an attorney that has experience with filing Motions for Expungement. You can also go to www.njcourtsonline.com and download the forms for an expungement. You still may want to contact an attorney as this can be a complicated procedure.

Benjamin G. Kelsen IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER PLEASE INDICATE YOUR APPRECIATION BY SELECTING IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen, Esq. LLC 1415 Queen Anne Road, Suite 206, Teaneck, NJ 07666 Phone: 201-692-0073/ Fax: 201-692-0151 Web Site: www.kelsenlaw.com / Email: bgkelsen@kelsenlaw.com NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.

Many general practice attorneys do expungements. Not all records can be expunged though. You may want to make sure that you are eligible. NJSA 2C:52 deals with expungement law, and there are specific statutes that reference drug possession charges. Also, I am not sure how old you were when you received you arrest/ charge/ conviction but there are also different rules for young drug offenders (offenders under 21).

My office handles expungements. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. Our number is (732) 609-3915.

Any lawyer will do, or even yourself but if you want it done correctly your best bet is an experienced criminal defense attorney. They do them regularly and have the experience not to make mistakes or leave out a data base.

Most criminal lawyers will do this.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.