WHAT TYPE OF LAWYER CAN HELP ME/

Asked about 1 year ago - Mc Gregor, TX

MY SISTER USED MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND PERSONAL INFORMATION TO CASH MY OPPENHEIMER STOCKS. SHE OPENED A JOINT ACCOUNT IN HER AND MY FATHER'S NAME (MY FATHER AND I HAVE SAME NAME) AND SENT A LETTER OF INSTRUCTION TO STOCK COMPANY TO CLOSE THE ACCOUNT. MONEY WAS TRANSFERRED TO THE JOINT ACCOUNT. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MY MONEY? FILED COMPLAINT WITH LOCAL POLICE DEPT AND WITH STOCK COMPANY AND NO ACTION TAKEN BY EITHER. STOCK VALUE OVER $50,000.00.

1. Joe Matthew Queen

4

Answered . Find a lawyer who specializes in fraud defense. Those kinds of lawyers might have some strategies to help you to reclaim your lost funds. Also, call the stock broker and explain to him that the broker has been defrauded. Be prepared to back up these allegations with proof, otherwise it's just your word versus theirs.

Best of luck.

2. Brett Evan Gowen

Pro

2

Answered . Contact a local attorney that deals with fraud and consumer protection. I would also follow up with the police and try and generate as much evidence as possible. Since you are dealing with interstate fraud this should also include a federal case. Talk to an attorney as soon as possible.

3. Brett A. Borah

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.