What type of degrees do you need to become an lawyer

Asked over 2 years ago - Bloomfield Hills, MI

my name is desiraye and its a school project that i have to do and it akses me what type of degress do i have

1. Ezra N. Goldman

1

Answered . In Michigan, you need to graduate from an accredited law school and pass the bar exam to be a lawyer. But your question was about degrees -- you need a bachelors degree in almost any field and from there, you can get into law school.

2. Jeff Tomberg

Answered . most states require that you have a bachelors degree and then complete law school whereupon you are awarded a juris doctor degree..thereafter you have in most states to pass a bar examination after submitting your credentials to the bar so that they may investigate whether you are morally fit to practice law...