What type of crime is conspiracy to commit racketeering on the 2nd degree?

Elizabeth, NJ |
Filed under: Criminal defense

That are the original charges, but they actually treat my as a 3rd degree and only did 3 years probation.

In broad terms, it means a defendant engaged in a conversation or other pattern of activity in which the intent was to commit an act of racketeering.

For example, your defendant is talking to some friends who decide they want to sell drugs in the neighborhood. The group discusses how they'll go about setting up their cartel, etc. That's a conspiracy.

The foregoing is not legal advice, and nothing in the foregoing shall be deemed to create an attorney client relationship. If you feel you need to speak with an attorney regarding your issue, it is recommended that you contact an attorney with expertise in your area of inquiry. The information related above is purely for informational purposes, and should not be acted upon without speaking with qualified counsel familiar with you specific situation and the laws related thereto.

I'm sorry I was asking what type as in CIMT, aggravated felony, etc, thanks anyway

Conspiracy is an "inchoate" crime, meaning not fully completed. It is the conversation to set up the crime. It is graded at the same degree as the most serious crime planned but a first degree crime is a second degree conspiracy. They must have dropped it to a third degree because a second havs a presumption of State Prison even if treated as a third.