Skip to main content

What type of Attorney do I needed to handle a credit card judgement settlement case

Charlotte, NC |

I have called more than 5 law firms trying to find an attorney to assist me in the settlement of a credit card judgement that has caused a levy to be placed on my bank accounts. All i want is to get this situation behind me but can not seem to find an attorney interested in taking my case. So i am thinking I am calling the wrong type of attorney. What type of Attorney should i be contacting to help me resolve this issue?

Attorney Answers 2


Look for one on ... or you may want to look for an attorney who handles consumer bankruptcies.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


From your question, I'm not sure you need an attorney. If a creditor already has a judgment against you, you can go to the courthouse and pay the judgment and the judgment will be satisfied.

If, however, you are looking to compromise your judgment, you may need help negotiating. Any attorney who handles bankrupcy's for creditors (i.e. look in the phone book for someone adversitising for bankruptcy) or any general practitioner.

Good luck.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics