Skip to main content

What type of attorney do I need or what can I sue for

Lake Havasu City, AZ |

I went into safeway to buy milk and I was followed by two employees they then approached me telling me to leave the store. I asked for what they said I had been caught stealing soda a week ago and was told not to come back in the store. They again told me to exit I told them it was not me and they walked away giggling. I followed them yelling excuse me the one turned around abd said what can I help you with. I said a manager she said she was. I bought milk and left. I called her when I got home. She stated she thought I was the girl and shes sorry. There was no apology at the store. I then asked dont they have a picture whe said thats not their routine. I then told her I know the girl didnt have a messed up left eye like myself. She said she didnt know. I want to pursue this they harassed

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    You need damages to sue. There are no damages in these facts. Write a complaint to the store manager, regional manager, and email any executives whose emails you can find online.

  2. I'm sorry to hear about what they did to you. However, unfortunately, it does not sound like you have any grounds for a lawsuit against the store. (Most importantly, what were your damages as a result of this incident?)

    Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

  3. There is no suit you can win here.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  4. Put a complaint in writing to the store and perhaps a company officer, but not worth suing over.

  5. Complain to store mgr