What type of accident lawyer is best for a self employed personal trainer involved in an accident that can no longer work?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cincinnati, OH

I was involved in a car accident in February 2012. I was checked by EMT's, the other driver was cited and his car towed. My children were shaken. My car sustained approximately $3000 in damage. I had a bruised rib cage and developed terrible headaches that felt like ice picks from the back of my head to my eye. My doc said it was neuralgia, a neurologist said concussion syndrome, and since then I've had nagging costochondritis. I'm struggling because I own and operate a fitness studio. I'm still have intermittent headaches and I'm constantly respraining my chest. I'm in pain at work. I've hired people to cover but I'm out of money. My business plan was me working and not paying other to do it. I'm going to lose my business. I'm out of savings and the insurance company is dragging its fee

1. Jeffrey Mark Adams

10

Answered . Any lawyer who is qualified in personal injury litigation. Its a matter of finding one you are most comfortable with and confident in. Search avvo, ask those you trust and respect, contact your state's trial lawyers association. Good luck.

2. Mark Wayne Napier

Pro

7

Answered . You should seek an experienced personal injury attorney who has the knowledge and resources to properly handle your case. Check around.

3. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

8

Answered . There are many PI attorneys in Cincinnati. Most iif not all would be glad to give you a free consultation. Call one near you and get prompt advice. Best of luck.

4. Andrew Michael Korduba

Pro

6

Answered . You need to hire an experienced injury lawyer. Someone local that will handle your case personally that you can call and talk to anytime or go see hi/her at the office. The problem with your case will be proving proximate cause: that your residual physical problems almost a year after the accident are the result of injuries you sustained in the crash. Only your doctors can render that opinion. And the insurance company will hire Medical Experts to dispute that argument. Likewise, you would also have to hire an Expert to prove your economic losses. Your Medical Expert will also have to testify that your injuries prohibited you from working. Your ability to do so will depend on the extent of damage from the crash and your medical records (diagnostic evaluations of
    conditions). Good luck!

5. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

7

Answered . Sounds like serious physical, psychological, and emotional injuries and property damage. You need a local Personal Injury lawyer if the accident took place in Ohio.

THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C.
    “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE”

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
    www.EstrellaLawyer.com

Pro

7

Answered . A personal injury lawyer should be retained who can handle everything and get you the compensation to which you are entitled. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  7. Cassandra Ann Rodriguez

Pro

4

Answered . I'm sorry to hear your family is going through all this. There are many personal injury lawyers out there, ranging from small firms to personal injury case factories! I have a very small firm located in Fairfield where we give personal attention to our clients. I would be happy to consult you free of charge if you'd iike. Attorneys charge on contingent fees for these cases, so there's no cost out of pocket to you. No matter which attorney you choose, God bless you and yours in continued recovery.

8. Michael Lewis Eisner

4

Answered . You should hire an attorney or lawfirm that specializes in personal injury. Many victims of auto accidents don't fully understand the claims process, and get taken advantage of by the more experienced insurance adjusters. A qualified personal injury lawyer will be able to get you answers to what compensation is available, and should be sought.

9. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

5

Answered . Interview three experienced PI attorneys.
    You can find them on AVVO and your local or state Bar association.
    Pick the one that you are most compatible with and can show you a proven track
    record of success. Ask them about settling cases and taking them to trial.

10. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

5

11. Kevin Coluccio

5

Answered . An experienced personal injury attorney. Go to the AVVO site and look for one in your community.

12. Lindsay Ann Lawrence

3

Answered . The best type of lawyer for someone involved in an accident would be a personal injury attorney. Most attorneys do not charge consultation fees to discuss your potential case. Additionally, personal injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. The usual fee is around 33 1/3 percent in the State of Ohio. A contingency fee means that you as the plaintiff/client do not pay anything unless there is a recovery in your favor. The fee is then taken out of whatever recovery is awarded. If there is no recovery in your favor, you as the Plaintiff do not pay anything. Check your local bar associations (Cincinnati Bar Association) for a list of qualified personal injury attorneys in your area. Good luck!