Skip to main content

What type of a lawyer would handle a case where a mechanic corrected one problem, but created another

Hazel Green, WI |

Had exhaust fixed on truck, the mechanic forgot to disconnect the battery when he was welding and it fried the wires thru out the engine and now other parts of the truck aren't working

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


That sounds like a potential issue of negligence. I welcome you to give me a call to discuss how to proceed on this case.


I would contact a general practice attorney. Maxwell may be a good choice also.

Sending an email or posting a question does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client privilege. The comments and opinions expressed in Jon Groth's comments are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Reading or using the information in this blog does not create the existence of an attorney-client privilege. Due to the changing nature of the law, the blog posts may contain dated material. For an update on the current law and the application of the law to your particular facts and circumstances, consult a legal advisor. The information contained herein is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney licensed in your state.


Speak with Mr. Livingsston.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.


Actually, you are going to want to talk to a lawyer who deals in Consumer law cases, to see if there are any administrative code violations or other statutory mechanisms to try and get a fee shift or exemplary damages to make the case more economically viable. You are also going to want to find a lawyer in or near the county seat where the case will be filed to cut down on billable travel time in the absence of a fee shifting mechanism. Good luck.

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer