What type do of attorney do we need for this against our civil rights

Asked over 1 year ago - Hazel Green, AL

On 04/03/2013 we were told by sheriffs dept. that my brother had committed suicide .They told us they took body to nearest funeral home, we called wanted to see body of our brother, was told he was not viewable, gunshot to head entry route mouth, so we assumed the worst ,his head had been blown off. An assistant coroner called us he was the one who told us we could not view body, we also requested a toxicology done at our expense was told no, so we assumed this is how these things are handled not to mention we are in shock, my mother had him cremated, after our initial shock we start thinking no one identified him if he was not viewable how did they know who he was, so we call actual county coroner and tell him all this, he informs us that they should of allowed us to see him, he was view

1. Patrick Mahaney

Pro

Answered . The nexus of a civil rights action against a law enforcement agency is the intentional violation of certain fundamental rights secured under the Constitution. Basically, a civil rights action is a 'Constitutional tort' claim. I fail to see any violation of rights in your statement. There may have been some communication issues between the police agency and the family members, but there is surely no deprivation of rights in this instance.

2. Martin Evan Weinberg

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys in that there does not seem to be a civil rights violation case.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . These facts do not raise a civil rights violation case against the police.

4. Malosack Berjis

Answered . First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss. Secondly, you would, likely, need to consult with a local personal injury attorney.