What type/classification of lawyer should I get to DEFEND myself from an accident I was at fault for and caused injury?

Dearborn, MI |

Seems like all the lawyers are those for the victims of a car accident/injury, but what type of lawyer should I get for defending myself?

1. You turn it over to your auto insurer and they will defend you and cover losses up to your policy limits. If you did not have auto insurance, you will need an experienced attorney who will protect your interests. I have done these in the past where no insurance was involved and bankruptcy was not an option for the client.

My answer to you question does not constitute legal advice. Only an in person or telephone consultation will result in an attorney/client relationship. Call me at (313)402-0853 to discuss your matter further.

2. Quite the contrary. Need 2 to tango. Simply report this to your insurance company.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

3. Tim is correct. You don't need to hire a lawyer to defend you from a car accident (unless you were driving without insurance). All you need to do is turn it over to your own insurance company. The insurer hires a lawyer who will then defend you up to your policy limits.

4. Notify your insurance company of the accident and allow them to defend you. That's what you pay them for.

Farid Yaghoubtil is an attorney at Downtown L.A. Law Group - 1850 E. 15th St., Los Angeles, CA 90021. (855)385-2529.

5. If you have insurance, turn case to your company. If you do not have insurance, then get a personal injury lawyer to defend you. Best of luck.,

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

6. Your insurance company will provide a free lawyer to defend

7. Probably a civil defense auto personal injury lawyer.

8. Your automobile insurance should provide an attorney for you at no cost to you.

The AVVO response or other communication by Caruso Law Offices does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please call us at 505-883-5000 for a FREE CONSULTATION with an attorney. We look forward to discussing your case in more detail.

9. If you had automobile insurance at the time of the collision then you should request they provide a lawyer for you. If you did not have insurance at the time of the collision, you may want to contact a personal injury attorney or an "insurance defense" lawyer to represent you. Since many personal injury attorney's only represent victims or plaintiffs, there may be more insurance defense lawyers willing to help you. Although they are typically hired by insurance companies to defend an insured driver who is at fault, many of them will also represent individuals on an hourly basis. Many states have Defense Lawyer Associations that you can contact to find a lawyer in your area. Good Luck.

10. Your auto insurance company will provide an attorney to handle your case.

I am licensed to practice law in VA, not your state. As such, I may be unaware of certain state laws; therefore, my response may be wrong or irrelevant. Please use my response for informational purposes only and contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

Ben Titter
    Garrett Law Group, PLC
    http://vabeachpersonalinjurylawyer.com
    (757) 422-4646 - Available 24 hours

Responses on AVVO do not establish an attorney-client relationship. All responses to questions should be used for informational purposes only. Always consult personally with an attorney prior to initiating or responding to any legal action.

11. Your insurance company is obligated to hire you an attorney so turn the claim over as soon as possible. If you do not have insurance you need an attorney with litigation experience. Now, if you caused very serious injuries, but only have low policy limits, then you might want to hire your own attorney.
    The reason for this is that your damages may exceed the policy limits.