What tuition assistance can I get?

Asked over 1 year ago - Richmond, VA

I have become disabled a year after I have started a Graduate program. I was initially an out-of-state student. At my current condition, it is difficult for me to pay out-of-state tuition. Can I get in-state tuition anyhow? What kind of financial assistance I can get for disability?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Eugene Andre Ahtirski


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You really need to discuss the matter in detail with the financial guidance counselor at your school, as you are asking a very fact specific question that can only be answered with a full analysis of your individual circumstances.

  2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Start by reveiwing the Code of Virginia regarding in-state eligibility at at http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000...

    Next, see your school financial aid counselor.

    READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia.... more
  3. Gerald Gregory Lutkenhaus

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You claim to be disabled but at the same time you say want money to go to school. If you are under age 49 you will have to show for Social Security disability purposes that you cannot do "any" job in the national economy.

    This response is meant to be information only and should not be considered to be legal advice. This information is... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,906 answers this week

3,141 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,906 answers this week

3,141 attorneys answering