What to expect from grand larceny charge? First time offense not even speeding ticket my record is clean...

24141 |

I took a purse from my place of work and got cought the manger payed the lady and I returned her purse there was 350$ in it which I spent,and now have to repay to manager I've already played 142 what might the judge do to me can I expect some leanianc? I'm very scared ad can't afford a lawyer

1. Ask for a public defender and let them advise you. Do not open your mouth and plead guilty or discuss the case here or with anyone else, only your public defender!

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

2. Ask for a public defender and let them advise you. Do not open your mouth and plead guilty or discuss the case here or with anyone else, only your public defender!

3. see the public defender and review all the facts and circumstances of your case. And, by the way, if you DID have a speeding ticket, no one could judge you more harshly.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia