What to expect for adjustment of status interview in San Francisco for siblings of US citizen under 245(i)next month.

Asked about 1 year ago - Oakland, CA

what to expect for adjustment of status interview in San Francisco for siblings of US citizen under 245(i)next month.I had RFE and replied with all evidence. What to expect for adjustment of status interview in San Francisco for siblings of US citizen under 245(i)next month. .They mailed me work authorization which I should be getting today.How do I prepare for interview.Is it necessary to get an attorney.So far i did everything myself.

1. Edyta Christina Grzybowska

4

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with my colleague. However, if you cannot afford an attorney, make sure you follow all the instructions from the letters USCIS sent you and bring all the requested documents and the originals of all the documents you have submitted, plus any new documents you have gathered. If you have a sponsor, it might not be a bad idea to prep new paycheck stubs and bring the 2012 tax filing if it was not submitted with the original paperwork (a "gap pack"). Bring all the original USCIS correspondence, your ID, the work permit if it arrives, your SS card if you get one, etc. Have everything neatly organized so you can easily access any document if asked to. Dress appropriately to show respect to the Officer. Go over all facts and dates pertinent to your case, review the documents you have filed so that all the info is fresh in your head for the interview. If you do in deed qualify under 245(i) and there are no snags in your case, you should be fine. That, unfortunately, I cannot know without seeing your file though, so hopefully you had consulted with an attorney prior to filing to verify that you are eligible. Good luck!

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . If, after all these years of waiting "in the shadows" finally obtaining a green card and having a better life is important to you, then for such an important event in your life you make sure nothing can go wrong and immediately seek to hire the best immigration lawyer to review your file, prepare you for this very fact specific interview that is awaiting you, as well as accompany and represent you during the interview.

3. Karen-Lee Pollak

3

1

Answered . I strongly recommend hiring an attorney to prepare you. The interview is very fact specific to your case