What to do with a hotel quest who made reservation with us one and a half years ago and now wants his money back?

Sonora, CA |

Hotel quest made a reservation one and a half years ago, but says he did not make it and that he was not there. He wants $528 money back. We have 45 days any type of claim policy. Without him making this reservation, we would not have the info. of his credit card and expiration date. Am I obligated to give him money back? Why he is making a claim now and not sooner? We still have his reservation in our system, but we do not have any longer copy of his receipt. How should I handle the situation?

1. LOL Ignore him, he should have reversed the charges on the credit card. Let him sue you, if that is what he is going to do. I think it is all bs.

My offices does represent people from Avvo if they contact me but only in the Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside County in Southern California. The answers I give here are not meant to create an attorney client relationship. When accepting clients I conduct interviews face to face and they often take 30 minutes or more. I approach trials and issues from a legal and common sense approach, This is how the majority of judges I have appeared before in 40 years also make decisions. I do not intend by my advice to enter an attorney client relationship and in most cases advise to obtain legal representation. Sometimes if you can not afford it a consultation or limited scope representation is available. As an experienced attorney I can tell you, judges can be impatient, hate emotional arguments and over exagerations or lies. A brief outline of the problems and desired solutions is often best and I d0 limited scope representations advise clients on how to proceed at time of hearing or trial and my fees are considerably less when I do not appear in court as it takes much less of my time.