What to do with a hotel quest who made reservation with us one and a half years ago and now wants his money back?

Asked 8 months ago - Sonora, CA

Hotel quest made a reservation one and a half years ago, but says he did not make it and that he was not there. He wants $528 money back. We have 45 days any type of claim policy. Without him making this reservation, we would not have the info. of his credit card and expiration date. Am I obligated to give him money back? Why he is making a claim now and not sooner? We still have his reservation in our system, but we do not have any longer copy of his receipt. How should I handle the situation?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . LOL Ignore him, he should have reversed the charges on the credit card. Let him sue you, if that is what he is going to do. I think it is all bs.

    My offices does represent people from Avvo if they contact me but only in the Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San... more

Related Topics

Lawsuits and disputes

If you're faced with a dispute that can't be resolved by negotiation, a lawsuit may be necessary. It will allow you to seek a legally binding solution in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,433 answers this week

3,399 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,433 answers this week

3,399 attorneys answering