What to do when someone has been harassing me and stalking me for years?

Nashville, TN |

i have several police reports against this person for harrassment and stalking police never seem to do anything , this past weekend this person was actually outside of my house all the cops did was make a police report and cite it as stalking , what shld my next step be? i have 4/5 police reprts of incidents that have occurred over the past years to myself and to my car and i have named her as the person responsible however there is never enough evidence

1. You have already done what I would suggest you do, which is report the behavior to the police. However, at this point you may be able to seek an order of protection through the Judicial magistrate.

2. You should be able to get an injuction (order of protection.) Also,keep reporting it to the police.

3. Report it to the police.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

Civil rights topics