What to do when my legal rights have been violated.

Asked 6 months ago - Waldorf, MD

have protection order.against my spouse. I was evicted from home and spouse allowed to move in. charges were brought against him. then later dropped. states attorney never questioned me. my spouse was ordered to pay alimony. His attorney held on to my payments until returned our lawnmower back to the property The home was called marital property and I was awarded nothing out of it. my spouse filed charges against me for removing items out of our bedroom. My spouse is a State of Md law enforce. person. I feel as I am fighting a the system because of my spouses employement

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Richard D. Lebovitz

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I will require more information and an actual legal question to respond to. Please revise your question as you raise many potential legal issues but I do not want to guess what the real issue is.

  2. Deidra Nicole Proctor

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . If you believe that your spouse has violated the protective order, that you did not receive the appropriate share of your marital home's value, or that spousal support payments are being improperly withheld, consult with an attorney immediately. Failure to address court orders can result in losing your right to request a change to the orders. Many attorney's offer a free initial consultation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,673 answers this week

2,990 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,673 answers this week

2,990 attorneys answering