What to do when my legal rights have been violated.

Asked 6 months ago - Waldorf, MD

have protection order.against my spouse. I was evicted from home and spouse allowed to move in. charges were brought against him. then later dropped. states attorney never questioned me. my spouse was ordered to pay alimony. His attorney held on to my payments until returned our lawnmower back to the property The home was called marital property and I was awarded nothing out of it. my spouse filed charges against me for removing items out of our bedroom. My spouse is a State of Md law enforce. person. I feel as I am fighting a the system because of my spouses employement

1. Richard D. Lebovitz

1

Answered . I will require more information and an actual legal question to respond to. Please revise your question as you raise many potential legal issues but I do not want to guess what the real issue is.

2. Deidra Nicole Proctor

Answered . If you believe that your spouse has violated the protective order, that you did not receive the appropriate share of your marital home's value, or that spousal support payments are being improperly withheld, consult with an attorney immediately. Failure to address court orders can result in losing your right to request a change to the orders. Many attorney's offer a free initial consultation.