What to do when a Judge errored in divorce / annulment ruling?

Cedar Crest, NM |

I live in NM. On 12/20/12 had a hearing for annulment. The ceremony was on 2/29/12. The other party failed to file marriage license & he also forged a mimic license to make me think he had filed it. I was pro se and he had lawyer. On 6/13/12 he falsely had me removed from home and took $40K from bank. We had a No Contact order for months and I didnt know what he was going to say in court. It turned out to be all lies he said & because I didnt know what he was going to say I didnt have evidence to show he was lying. But I do have evidence that proves he is lieing. We had each other as witnessed. The Judge directed who was going to talk when and in what order. His lawyer directly asked me questions but the Judge made ruling in his favor without me being allowed to ask him direct questions.

1. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this. If you have reason to believe a judge made a mistake you can make a Motion for Reconsideration and if that fails, Appeal. I hope that this helps and wish you all the best.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.