What to do when a Judge errored in divorce / annulment ruling?

I live in NM. On 12/20/12 had a hearing for annulment. The ceremony was on 2/29/12. The other party failed to file marriage license & he also forged a mimic license to make me think he had filed it. I was pro se and he had lawyer. On 6/13/12 he falsely had me removed from home and took $40K from bank. We had a No Contact order for months and I didnt know what he was going to say in court. It turned out to be all lies he said & because I didnt know what he was going to say I didnt have evidence to show he was lying. But I do have evidence that proves he is lieing. We had each other as witnessed. The Judge directed who was going to talk when and in what order. His lawyer directly asked me questions but the Judge made ruling in his favor without me being allowed to ask him direct questions.

Cedar Crest, NM -

Attorney Answers (1)

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Family Law Attorney - Framingham, MA

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this. If you have reason to believe a judge made a mistake you can make a Motion for Reconsideration and if that fails, Appeal. I hope that this helps and wish you all the best.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.