What to do to stop this?

Brockport, NY |

Time Warner called a few months ago to remind me if an installation appt. I called said I did not order cable. They said ok not you after I gave my addy. Well now I am getting collection calls. I have spoken to countless people at time waner and they say no you do not owe money but refuse to remove my number..
I getting daily calls HELP

1. During these calls, what are the "collectors" demanding from you?

2. Hire a lawyer to write Time Warner and the collections company.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. Try contacting the Better Business Bureau in your area along with other consumer advocate groups. You may want to do a quick search on-line to see if anyone else has encountered this problem - there are many blogs about this sort of thing and that may lead you to an attorney referral.

This is my opinion and should not be construed as legal advise for your specific case as there are many more facts which you have not provided.