What to do to prepare myself as a new mom and custody?

Asked about 1 year ago - Orange, VA

My babies father has been to the hospital 2 times last year for self harm, he has a drug charge, and I have text messages where he talks about killing himself and jumping off a bridge, would those help me?

1. James Donald Garrett

3

6

Answered . Custody and visitation are determined by what is in the best interest of the child. If the father is suicidal and considered to be a danger to the child, that will certainly have an affect on the case. You should contact a child custody attorney in your area to help you with your case. They will be able to explain and apply the statutes and case law governing the "best interest" standard.

2. David Michael Mccormick

Pro

1

Answered . They would help you out tremendously. Your attorney may be able to build a case for supervised visitation only, until these issues are under control. The best interests of the child will be protected.