What to do to have my son's grandmother to visit watch my son when mother and father are at work?

fd case, jnt custody, i m the non cusdial parent. judge agreed to have my mom babysit our son one day a week. My mom has been doing this for 2.5 yrs. last month, my son's mom unilaterally decided that my son will be removed from his babysitter to be watched by her parents. I filed a motion to object.. Meanwhile mom is refusingt to disclose names of her parents, refuse to let me call in to see how my baby is doing, What can I do? In case of emergency I have no clue who they are. I also want to see if the have a criminal back., granparents also rape kids, etc sound harsh but its reality. NJ state check all adults that live at same house as caregiver. My mom has cried a lot to increase more time w my son, but mother say no. why for mom is ok her parents watch my son and not ok for my mom

Clark, NJ -

Leonard Roy Boyer

Leonard Roy Boyer

Foreclosure Attorney - Clifton, NJ

You need to have an experienced matrimonial attorney represent you, this is not some thing that you can do on your own. Law is complex and this is a very emotionally charged issue for you. Without knowing all the facts and background, no one can give you any more definitive answers. Good luck!

Anthony J Van Zwaren

Anthony J Van Zwaren

Child Abuse Lawyer - Clifton, NJ

I agree that you need an experienced attorney handling this. As you say that the judge had already issued a ruling regarding babysitting by your mother, it would appear that the thing to do is to file a motion to enforce litigant's rights.

Laura Ruvolo Lipp

Laura Ruvolo Lipp

Child Custody Lawyer - Morristown, NJ

What an awful situation for you, your mom and your son. I really wish I could give you a better answer than this, but the truth is that you need to sit with an attorney so you can bring copies of all court orders and explain this in more detail. That should steer you in the right direction. Good luck!

Related Advice