What to do in court for a DMV hold on license for Failure to Appear?

Asked about 2 years ago - South Pasadena, CA

I received a fix it ticket that had a court date in December but completely forgot to go. I got two letters in the mail explaining that there was a hold on my license due to the failure to appear and that it would be suspended if I didn't take care of the matter. I went to the LA traffic court house and purchased a DMV abstract to get the hold off of my license before it got suspended and reset a court date for August. I have been stopped twice by police (never ticketed) and didn't go through any trouble due to the hold or anything else so I figure I just have to go to my new court date. I was wondering what would happen in court, I no longer own the car that the ticket was issued to and have the paperwork from the dealership since it was a trade in. Also, does the FTA matter now? Thanks.

1. David Jon Pullman

1

1

Answered . Usually, if you show up to court, the judge will dismiss the FTA. You should explain your situation and ask that it be dismissed. Best of luck to you.